Chi siamo
About Us
The first known documents with the name ‘Valcelle’ are found about 1820 in the Land Registry of the Grand Duke Leopold.
Valcelle as it is today took shape in the last decade of the 20th century, when an intense project of agricultural rebirth and reconstruction began, never neglecting the naturalistic and visual aspects of the location. At the same time restructuring began on the ancient farmhouse and the Villa, at one time the home of the owners, laying the basis for the agriturismo side of Valcelle.
This work was carried out respecting the typical aspects of Tuscan architecture of the 18th and 19th centuries, in order to maintain the original atmosphere of country life.
The farm today is of about 60 hectares (150 acres), largely given over to vineyards, olive orchards (from which is obtained an excellent Extra Virgin olive oil) and woods (walnut, cherry oak, alder and maple). The Villa, the old farmhouse and the other farm buildings sit on the hill overlooking the farm.
The owners are always ready to help the guests with any of their requirements and to furnish a warm and attentive welcome. Guests have the opportunity to enjoy a simple and peaceful vacation in an atmosphere full of history and tradition, nature and art, gastronomy and folklore.